Saturday, November 22, 2008

I drive a Benz with a conderderate (no caps) flag!

I've never been the type of person to keep a journal or blog. Recently I found myself lacking a project, so one of my best friends and I decided to venture into a blog about things that we think are noteworthy. Including but not limited too music, current events, style, and pop culture, we want to focus on the best things life has to offer. I, well we both, attend a college preparatory school in a city where class and society is the best way get noticed. But, when it comes down to it we feel surrounded by people with all this money who are some how satisfied when the get up and look at themselves in the mirror. Clothes and music both play important aspects in any persons life. You live your life in what you choose to put on your back, and I believe these choices reflect you as a person. While that may sound superficial, most of the world judges the exterior not the interior. Our title suggests that class is something that can't be bought - it's something that must be taught.

After living all over the country, my family settled in the worst possible area of the United States. The South has proved to be quite an experience. I've learned that people here do not have the same goals or priorities as many other individuals. Most are content to become stock brokers, settle down in some treeless suburb, and join the local "exclusive" country club. Meaning, you have to be white, protestant, and married with four kids. Of course, not everyone shares my opinion. If you enjoy pop culture, different genre of music, and strong opinions this will hopefully be a good read for you!
(I encourage any good, healthy argument)

-W

No comments: